Lycoming County Housing Authority is committed to responding safely to the Covid-19 virus (Coronavirus) by implementing best practices as outlined by our state and national governments. The well-being of our residents, our employees and community partners remains our top priority. At this time, we are urging our residents to practice social distancing, wash hands often and thoroughly and refrain from touching your touching your face.
Please review the information below for updates on how we are responding to COVID-19 in your developments and how we will be interacting with residents and participants during this time:
- Visitors, especially in our high rise buildings, should be restricted to those who are visiting your home to provide health or wellness functions. Practicing social distancing is essential at this time.
- Community Rooms in our buildings are closed at this time to assist our residents as they practice social distancing.
- Lycoming Housing Administrative offices are currently closed to the general public. Staff continue to work and provide services to our residents through phone, email and fax.
- Playgrounds in our developments will be closed.
- Non Emergency Work Orders Will Not be Completed at This Time. Residents can be assured that staff remain available to complete emergency work orders. During normal business hours, emergency work order requests may be phoned in to (570) 323-3755. Emergency, after hour work orders may be phoned in to (570) 326-2458.
- All rents will be paid by utilizing secure drop boxes at each development office. Please make sure your email or home address is written on your payment so a rent receipt can be provided to confirm your payment.
- Rent Reductions. We understand that many of our participants have been laid off or experienced a reduction in income during these difficult times. Income and household update and change forms will be available at each development office in bins located on the outside of the door. Upon request, LHA staff will mail update forms to your residence. All completed forms must be returned by either mailing the forms back or placing the completed forms in your development drop box. We will work quickly to reduce your rent once we receive the completed forms.
- Recertifications will be completed by mail. All necessary forms must be filled out and returned in a self-addressed stamped envelope, which will be provided for your convenience. You may also return completed documents to your caseworker by scanning and emailing the documents. If you have any questions, please feel free to call your caseworker during regular business hours.
- Waiting Lists. Our public housing waiting list is open and applicants may apply online at www.lycominghousing.org. Those with disabilities may have an application mailed to them by requesting a reasonable accommodation. All current Section 8 and Public Housing applicants must submit Applicant Update Forms online through our website.
Finally, if you have questions or concerns, we are here for you and invite you to contact us. We will be happy to link you to the appropriate resource in the community to assure all your questions are answered.